Chevy Key Fob Wont Program
The battery was not dead and some buttons worked as expected.
Chevy key fob wont program. The set reset button should be near the vehicle information button. This will likely fix the passlock security issue and fix the not starting. Press the set reset button until remote key learning active appears on the display. Hello i have a 2001 silverado 1500hd that i am having problems programming the keyless remote.
The unlock button on my new key fob quit working weeks ago. I have had two key fobs become nonresponsive over a 6 year period. The fob functions just fine but the plastic ring that attaches it to my keyring broke so i bought a replacement gm fob from ebay. The fob came with the standard programming instructions hold door unlock cycle the key 2x etc but i can t get the truck into programming mode.
Thanks to youtuber trando2010 i found a quick and easy solution to this issue that i had to try. I would start by replacing the ignition switch and cylinder k3. Program additional remotes by repeating step 4 for each fob. Simultaneously press and hold the lock and unlock buttons for 15 seconds.
If nothing still i would have a dealer check out the bcm body control module. In this method a key fob is used to program the remote to your car. Then try to program the fob. Test to both unlocks with all your keyfobs that got programmed to verify the function.
This process should work for various gm vehicles from 2005 2012 including models such as aura grand prix lacrosse and malibu. Make sure you have the correct fob for your vehicle check that the gm uta on the back of the fob is compatible with your truck. If you cycle past the option continue pressing the set reset button until the remote key learning active option reappears. Specialist hardware required to reprogram key fobs.
When i bought my new fob the seller told me to check the on my old one. Exit programming mode by turning off the vehicle and removing the key. The passlock switch is located at the end of the key cylinder. Take your key fobs with your and leave the vehicle and close all doors.
The main buttons that became. A chime will sound indicating the remote has been successfully programmed. For some cars reprogramming key fobs may not be easy and in that car specialist hardware may be required. I have verified it is the correct number for the vehicle and installed a new battery and have tried countless times and it just wont cycle the locks after doing the program sequence.
The display will read key learning active.
- 2005 Ford Escape Ac Compressor
- Chevrolet Avalanche A Vendre
- Chevrolet 2500 For Sale Dallas Tx
- Chevrolet Dealership Quincy Il
- 2005 Gmc Envoy Oil Filter Location
- 1967 Ford Mustang Gt Fastback
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Wallpaper Hd
- 2019 Jeep Compass Trailhawk Lift Kit
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Zr1 Engine Specs
- 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Owners Manual
- 2019 Jeep Compass Trailhawk Red Interior
- 2004 Gmc Envoy Heater Problems
- 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback Shelby Gt500
- Black Ford Mustang Fastback 1967
- Capital Gmc Buick Edmonton Ab
- 2018 Gmc Sierra Kodiak Review
- 2011 Chevrolet Aveo Jackson Ms
- 2011 Ford Escape Ac Compressor Location
- Chevrolet Dealers Near Waco
- 2014 Ford Escape Ac Compressor